University Application Timeline: When should you apply to university?
- On September 07, 2016
- Choose your school(s)
- Determine the deadlines for each school and mark them on your calendar. Most deadlines are from November-January, and early admissions deadlines can be in October.
- Review each school’s application, and make a list of documents and test scores you will need to prepare.
- Research available scholarships for international students.
- Register for any tests you need to take. You may be required to take the ACT, SAT, TOEFL, or others. If you are a Bridge student, you may be able to skip the TOEFL!
- Start collecting letters of recommendation from teachers and other adults.
- Have your test scores sent to the universities to which you are applying.
- Submit any early admissions applications.
- Begin writing your college essay/personal statement.
- It is time to complete and submit your applications!
- Ask your high school for transcripts. You may send them directly to schools or you may need to have them verified by a credit evaluator.
- Send your midterm grades to universities that require them
- You will receive notifications of acceptance from officers of admission. Choose the school that is best for you and enroll.
Sign up for the BridgePathways newsletter to receive helpful English tips, college preparation tips, program information, and more!