The path to your future just got clearer.
Invest in yourself with our most advanced TEFL/TESOL certification course, the 150-hour, graduate-level IDELTOnline™. You’ll join an international cohort of trainees to learn the most current methodology for teaching English to speakers of other languages, under the guidance of a master’s-level instructor. This course is also a pathway to future studies; you’ll have the option to earn graduate credits that transfer to over 1,600 universities or that can be applied toward an MA TESOL program with Bridge partner universities.
Work from any device.
Cohort of classmates
Train with an interactive group of peers from around the world.
Structured, 12-week schedule
Choose from monthly course start dates.
Stay engaged with live sessions, interactive e-textbook, quizzes & activities, and discussion board.
Receive a 150-hour accredited TEFL/TESOL certification and verifiable digital badge upon completion.
Pathway to an MA TESOL
Apply IDELTOnline™ credits toward a graduate certificate, master’s, or doctorate program at Bridge university partners worldwide.
Job placement assistance
Access our global job network via the Bridge Job Board and connect with Bridge Preferred Employment Partners.
Receive guidance and feedback from a qualified, experienced instructor.
Start Learning Today!
With promo code:
Upcoming Course Dates
Sessions fill up in advance. Sign up early to secure your place!
You have the option to pay in monthly installments spread throughout the length of your course!
Pay for your course in installments using Mercado Pago!
Pay for your course in installments using Mercado Pago!
Pay for your course in installments using Mercado Pago!
Thinking of Pursuing an M.A. in TESOL?
The Bridge IDELTOnline™ is more than a TEFL/TESOL certification program, it’s a stepping stone to career advancement! The course has been recommended by The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) for up to 9 graduate-level university credits, which can be transferred to over 1,600 colleges and universities. The IDELTOnline™ has also been approved by the following universities as a direct pathway to their graduate certificate, master’s degree, or doctorate programs.
Look Inside Our Graduate-Level Course Curriculum.
The IDELTOnline™ covers effective, modern methodology for professional teachers of English to speakers of other languages (TESOL).
When you graduate this course, you’ll be able to:
Articulate a personal teaching philosophy using a broad technical, professional vocabulary
Demonstrate comprehension of the implications of learning contexts and student profiles on teaching decisions
Compare and contrast language acquisition principles and apply this knowledge to classroom teaching decisions
Demonstrate knowledge of the components of the English in order to sequence and plan learning activities
Define the characteristics of learners at different stages of life, concentrating on what adult learners need
Identify the qualities of a "good" teacher through an explanation of the different roles teachers assume
Articulate how an effective error treatment strategy promotes learning; define the importance of giving good feedback
Demonstrate understanding of the 4 skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening) and identify concepts important to teaching them
Develop vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation lesson sequences
Write actionable, measurable learning objectives
Design a complete lesson plan with rationale based in research
Develop and defend an assessment strategy for a given context and class profile
While the course curriculum is mainly focused on methodology, other aspects of English language teaching, such as applicable theories in linguistics and education, are also addressed. Additionally, students develop their own Philosophy of Teaching Statement, design and develop a detailed lesson plan, and complete a Research Summary project throughout the course.
|Week 1, Module 1||English: The Language and Its Contexts|
|Week 2, Module 2||Learning and Principles for Instruction|
|Week 3, Module 3||Instructional Approaches and Methods|
|Week 4, Module 4||Learners and Teachers in the Multicultural Classroom|
|Week 5, Module 5||Planning for Successful Instruction|
|Week 6, Module 6||Knowing That Learning Has Happened|
|Week 7, Module 7||Promoting and Managing Student Interaction|
|Week 8, Module 8||Teaching Grammar, Vocabulary, and Pronunciation|
|Week 9, Module 9||Promoting Skills Instruction: Listening and Speaking|
|Week 10, Module 10||Planning Skills Instruction: Reading and Writing|
|Week 11, Module 11||Teacher Professional Development|
|Week 12, Module 12||Course Conclusion: Philosophy of Teaching Statement|
These resources are designed to make the process of finding TEFL jobs or advancing in the field as clear and easy as possible for our graduates. You’ll learn how to improve your resume, find and apply to TEFL jobs, and ace your interview so that you can get the teaching job of your dreams. If you’re already teaching, you’ll find helpful information on continuing professional development, recommended TESOL organizations you can join, and teaching resources you can use in your own classroom. You’ll also learn how to take advantage of Bridge’s job placement services and connect to our community of TEFL teachers and schools worldwide.
|Module 1||Finding a Job, Downloading Your Certificate, and Updating Your Resume|
|Module 2||Stay Connected with Bridge!|
|Module 3||TEFL/TESOL Professional Development Opportunities|
This course includes the option to add either a blended or 100% virtual teaching practicum, which most trainees begin after completing their IDELTOnline course. (If you add either practicum, you’ll have three months after the IDELTOnline™ course end date to complete it.)
This blended (online and classroom-based) English teaching practicum component provides new teachers with valuable hands-on experience and meets hiring requirements for the most competitive teaching jobs worldwide.
You’ll set up and complete your practicum, working with an onsite mentor at the center of your choice, anywhere in the world. The practicum requires completion of the following components for a total of 20 hours of certification (the standard requirement for most employers).
- 10 hours of tutor-guided online preparation
- 5 hours of EFL teacher observation
- 5 hours of hands-on teaching practice in a real EFL classroom
Upon IDELTOnline™ and Guided Teaching Practicum completion, graduates receive a 170-hour TEFL certification.
In this 100% virtual practicum, you’ll become familiar with commonly-used software by delivering online English lessons to real students via an established online Learning Management System. You’ll also create a portfolio with recorded teaching sessions to showcase your online teaching skills to employers.
The practicum requires completion of the following for a total of 60 hours of certification:
- Determine an online student’s learning objectives and goals
- Find appropriate online lesson plan content based on a student’s needs
- Use online scheduling software to manage your students
- Conduct an online class using software such as:
- Conduct an online class using software such as:
- • Interactive and digital whiteboards
- • Pen tools
- • Split screen share
- • Video and audio conferencing
- Troubleshoot common technical problems
- Apply concepts of Reflective Teaching Practice
- Observe and assess video demos of online teachers
- Observe and assess your own recorded teaching performance
Upon completion of the IDELTOnline™ and Practicum in Teaching English Online, graduates receive a 210-hour TEFL certification.
Take the next step in your academic journey and career.
Qualified enrollees have the option of taking the Bridge IDELTOnline™ for transferrable undergraduate or graduate-level credits or as a pathway into M.A. TESOL programs with our university partners.
The IDELTOnline™ has been evaluated and recommended up to 9 semester hours of college credit by The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®). Course graduates can present a nationally recognized transcript for the IDELTOnline™ to the college or university of their choice for the potential award of academic credit.
Bridge also partners with universities in the U.S. and abroad that accept the IDELTOnline™ as a pathway to their graduate certificate, master’s degree, or doctorate programs in TESOL and related fields. (Scholarships also available). Learn more.
If you would like to earn university credit for the IDELTOnline™, we recommend meeting the following requirements:
1. Completed bachelor’s degree or currently at least a junior in standing in a bachelor’s degree program with a 3.0+ GPA 2. Pass IDELTOnline™ course with at least an 80%
1. Enrolled in or completed a bachelor’s degree program 2. For upper-division credit, currently at least a junior in standing with a 3.0+ GPA
If you are interested in earning university credit for the IDELTOnline™, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) are nationally recognized units of measurement for participation in non-credit, continuing education programs. Bridge is accredited by ACCET (the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training), and any ACCET-approved Bridge course, including our online TEFL/TESOL programs, can be taken for 1 CEU per 10 hours of course instruction.
Requirements to take this course:
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- If English is not your first language, you will be expected to show proof of English fluency (C1 level, according to the CEFR, the Common European Framework Reference for Language). Your English level must be verified with the results of a recently taken English proficiency test (showing the equivalent to an IELTS test score of at least 7.0) or via an English proficiency test administered by Bridge.
- You will also be required to purchase a textbook for the IDELTOnline™: Teaching by Principles: An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy 4th Edition by H. Douglas Brown and Heekong Lee (2015). This textbook can be ordered online and shipped worldwide by most major book distribution companies. There is also an eTextbook version available directly from Pearson publishing.
Explore the Course Features
- Access the 100% online course from any device.
- Content delivered on a Learning Management System used by top universities.
- Easy navigation and ongoing progress-tracking.
Live Lecture Sessions
- Four live sessions throughout your course, scheduled at your convenience.
- Meet with your instructor and other trainees.
- Review content learned, ask questions, discuss topics of interest.
- Get to know your classmates as part of an online learning community.
- Collaborate with diverse trainees to share teaching ideas.
- Receive instructor support and guidance through messaging and discussion posts.
Engaging & Collaborative Projects
- Throughout the course, use feedback to develop a Philosophy of Teaching statement you will finalize before graduation.
- Receive continual peer and instructor input to develop the final version of your lesson plan.
- Complete a research report on your chosen English language teaching/learning topic.
Learn from the Experts.
Meet Our IDELTOnline™ Instructors!
Our MA TESOL-qualified instructors bring their English teaching knowledge and years of experience to the virtual IDELTOnline™ classroom.
Why Should You Take This Course?
Earn the most advanced online TEFL/TESOL certification available.
Earn graduate-level credits toward further studies, including master’s programs with Bridge university partners.
Qualify for the best jobs worldwide and stand out to employers with a 150-hour, university-affiliated certification.
Stay on track with a structured, 12-week course schedule and weekly due dates for assignments.
Learn from a master’s level instructor who offers guidance and answers questions.
Join a cohort of international trainees, rather than studying individually.
The course is 12 weeks long, and trainees must work through the course as a group, completing assignments weekly. However, the course provides flexibility during the week to access the course and complete assignments when it is convenient for you.
Yes. There is a required textbook for the IDELTOnline™, which is called Teaching by Principles: An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy 4th Edition by H. Douglas Brown and Heekong Lee (2015). This textbook can be ordered online and shipped worldwide by most major book distribution companies. There is also an eText version available directly from Pearson publishing.
Yes. There are readings and forum postings required each week, as well as weekly comprehension quizzes. You’ll also complete 3 written assignments as part of the course, and the master’s-level instructor provides guidance and feedback on all written work.
To take the IDELTOnline™ you must be 18 years or older with at least a high school diploma or the equivalent. If you are not a native English speaker, you must demonstrate English proficiency at a minimum of a C1 level (according to the Common European Framework (CEFR), or have earned the equivalent to an IELTS test score of 7.0.
The IDELTOnline™ is accessed and delivered online, so you must have access to the Internet, including the ability to watch online videos using Adobe Flash Player. The IDELTOnline™ may be completed on any device, including a desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet or smartphone.
Yes! The Bridge IDELTOnline™ offers several options for university credit. Requirements and fees for earning credit are outlined below.
The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®) has evaluated and recommended up to six semester hours of college credit for the IDELTOnline. Graduates can request a transcript (for a $25 fee) which can be presented to any of the more than 2,000 colleges and universities that consider ACE CREDIT recommendations, thus opening the door to bachelor’s, master’s, and even doctoral-level studies.
Bridge also partners with a number of specific universities in the U.S. and abroad that accept the IDELTOnline as a pathway to their graduate certificate, master’s or doctorate degree programs in TESOL (or offer scholarships for IDELTOnline™ graduates). Learn more about our university pathways partners.
If you would like to earn university credit for the IDELTOnline™, we recommend trainees meeting the following requirements:
You may add a teaching practicum to this or any Bridge TEFL course. The 20-hour Specialized Certificate: Guided Teaching Practicum can be completed from anywhere in the world and provides the framework for trainees to gain hands-on experience in a real ESL classroom and meet the requirements of more teaching jobs around the world.
You can download, save, and print your certificate from the online platform free of charge, once the instructor has posted final grades. If you would like a hard copy mailed to you (with notarization or apostille) you may order that for an additional fee. Visit Certificate Services to learn more.
Yes! In addition to access to the BridgeTEFL Job Board, the Bridge IDELTOnline™ includes our highest level of job placement assistance, which is personalized and never expires. At any point after you graduate from the IDELTOnline™, you are encouraged to consult with one of our Jobs Advisors (all of whom have experience teaching English abroad) by phone or email.
Our advisors can guide you through the job search process by providing location-specific TEFL job resources, facilitating networking opportunities with schools and recruiters, offering advice, and even reviewing your TEFL resume.
At checkout, you should choose the option to pay by credit card with installments. When you choose to pay for your course in installments, our online payment system will automatically charge your credit card on pre-scheduled dates and intervals based on your date of purchase and the payment plan you select. No special promotions (including promo codes) can be applied if you elect to pay for your course via installments. The IDELTOnline™ is the only product that installment payments can be used for. If you have additional products in your cart, you will not see the installment payment option available at check out.
Assignments (such as quizzes and written tasks) are due on a weekly basis, allowing for flexibility for students with a busy schedule. Your overall grade for the course will be based on the successful and timely completion of quizzes, forum discussions, and various projects, and will be calculated as follows:
- Weekly reading comprehension quizzes 6%
- Weekly written analysis and discussion posts 41%
- Lesson Plan Project 27%
- Research Summary and Application Project 13%
- Philosophy of Teaching Statement 13%
Connect with a program advisor.
Questions about the IDELTOnline™? Get in touch!
Earn a TEFL/TESOL Certification You Can Build On.
Demonstrate your expertise with lifetime certification
- Your hard copy, 150-hour certificate will be mailed to you, featuring the embossed Bridge seal, a foil strip for added security, and detailed transcripts on the back.
- All Bridge certifications are detailed on your certificate, including Primary and Specialized Training.
- Courses are stackable! The total number of hours you completed is indicated, and this number updates each time you add another course.
- You can also access your certificate online, where you can download, share, or print it anytime for free.
Earn digital badges you can showcase and share
- Demonstrate your commitment to lifelong learning – earn a digital badge for the IDELTOnline™ and every Bridge course you take!
- Share your badges everywhere employers are looking, including LinkedIn, your resume, and your email signature.
- Employers can click on your badge to see detailed, verifiable information about the course you completed.
We'll help you find your dream teaching job. Here's how.
With the Bridge Job Board, you can:
- Access hundreds of current teaching vacancies posted by our employment partners.
- Create a Teacher Portfolio to highlight your Bridge certification and other qualifications.
- Search recommended jobs teaching English, get answers to FAQs about teaching, and learn about how to get started.
Who hires Bridge grads?
The 150-Hour IDELTOnline™ prepares you for jobs with top TEFL/TESOL employers worldwide and online – including competitive opportunities with our Preferred Employment partners.
Let’s Do This!
Get Started Today.