Academic Specialists impact student success daily by leading small group classes and private classes as well as providing feedback on student work. Academic Specialists enjoy part-time, hourly schedules and work is done virtually which means most Academic Specialists work from the comfort of their own home. Academic support is needed seven days a week, 24 hours each day, thus, a variety of availabilities can be accommodated.
• Complete the Open English certification program and other required training when needed
• Deliver high quality, English language instruction in live group classes, through our learning environment platform (audio/video based). Employ the OE curriculum, online pedagogy and teaching methodology to provide a consistent student experience
• Provide individual feedback to students after each class
• Work collaboratively with academic staff to develop new content and contribute to curriculum projects as and when opportunities arise
• Maintain knowledge of the Open English learning platform, brand, Company policies and goals, internal communication systems, and our students
Requirements & Qualifications
• We currently require Academic Specialists to provide at least ten (10) hours of availability each week, including five (5) peak-time hours. Peak times are Monday through Friday, between 6:00 pm ET and 1:00 am ET and weekends. If you have plenty of weekend availability, you will really stand out in our selection process!
• Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
• Conversational Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second language is preferred
• TESOL, TEFL, CELTA or equivalent preferred
• General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
• Familiarity with ESL assessments, with the ability to evaluate and create assessments
• Must be able to communicate in English both clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
• Native English speaker with clear pronunciation
• Must have a reliable, high-speed (at least 2 Mbps) internet connection
• Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and an ability to quickly master various online communication and instruction tools especially learning platforms
• Comfortable in a dynamic work environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ID#20511LocationOnlineJob TypePart TimeContract Length12 monthsPay$13-$15 per hour USD /Bi-weeklyDate Posted2019-12-10
Accepted TEFL Certifications
120-Hour Classroom TEFL Certification; 150-Hour IDELT Online TEFL Certificate, or Equivalent; Bridge IDELT/Cambridge CELTA/Trinity TESOL; M.A. in TESOL Teaching Experience1-3 years experience required.Degree Required?
Yes English Proficiency Level
Native Speaker/C2 Level
Founded, in 2007, Open English is the market leader in online English learning in Latin America. We provide personalized and group classes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with Native English ESL/EFL instructors.
Est. In 2007
WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' AND wp_posts.post_type = 'job' AND wp_posts' at line 1] SELECT wp_posts.* FROM wp_posts, wp_postmeta WHERE wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id AND wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'job_company' AND wp_postmeta.meta_value = AND wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' AND wp_posts.post_type = 'job' AND wp_posts.post_date < NOW() ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC