At Wall Street English, teaching English is about making a difference in our students' lives. Our goal is to break down the barriers of language and culture. We are seeking professionals who are seeking international experience and adventure, committed to working in a fast-paced and student-centered environment.
Our VIP program takes our method teaching out of the centers and into the students’ homes and offices. These programs give the students all the time they need with both native and local teachers. As a VVIP Foreign Teacher you can travel throughout the city and teach a variety of students from a range of materials.
Requirements & Qualifications
1. A passport from an English Native Speaking country (United States, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Ireland).
2. University degree, Bachelor’s or higher.
3. 120 Hour TEFL / CELTA / TESOL certification (or similar).
4. 24 months full-time English teaching experience is a plus. Business English teaching experience is a plus.
5. No criminal history.
6. Willing to work weekends.
– Delivery of prescribed classes to a variety of clients ranging in ages from 10 to adult , including but not limited to:
– Teaching WSE VVIPs on site or in center depending on student’s desired location
– Providing detailed reporting and follow up on students’ / on-site classes progress
– Providing after class electronic follow up about key points of class delivered
– Coordinating with CTs (Chinese Teachers) about student learning issues
– Delivering WSE VVIP demo classes and conduct oral tests when needed
– Coaching senior managers and C-level executives across a range of industries
– Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients
– Being flexible and supportive to clients’ needs
– One day reminder for clients classes
– Key account follow up if needed
– Possible travel to other cities / towns
– Possible support of centers when needed
Key Point Expectations:
1. Based on 40 hours a week.
2. Expected to teach 10 -12 classes a week (2 hours per class) .
3. Approximately 50% of working time is for traveling to client’s location and class preparation.
4. Attendance and participation of weekly meeting/ training sessions.
Delivery of classes one-to-one.
5. Travel in and around city center (generally 1.5 – 2 hours outside city center is our serviceable area) .
Salary & Benefits
– Base salary: 14,000 RMB – 17,000 RMB.
– City allowance: 3,000 RMB
– Bonus: Bonuses generally between 2,400 RMB – 4,000 RMB based on number of classes delivered.
– Transportation reimbursement: up to RMB 600 travel between class reimbursement .
– Mobile phone allowance: up to RMB200.
– Summer allowance : RMB500.
– Z Visa: Z work visa and resident permit provided, up to RMB5,000 visa process and medical check reimbursement,.
– Medical insurance: Full coverage medical insurance through our insurance provider Pingan Medical.
– Holidays: 11 days of Chinese national holidays plus 10 days of paid leave.
– Free Mandarin Chinese lessons: for beginners. Highly recommended.
– Training: New hire training, plus ongoing seminars and workshops.
– Hotel stay: Up to 10 days hotel stay provided upon arrival .
– Airport Pickup.
– You get to choose where to live! We provide the assistance with finding accommodation.
– Career development opportunities.
– Possible relocation to new city, center or country.
– Student and staff referral bonus system.
Wall Street English is the premier provider of English instruction for individuals and corporate clients around the world. Our proprietary and innovative Wall Street English Method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers. They learn through our highly effective blended learning program.
With over 45 years of experience, Wall Street English has provided instructions to over 3 million students with a current enrollment of 190,000 students. We have nearly 450 centers in over 27 countries in North Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. China is our largest network, with 75 schools spread across 11 major cities.
We need professionals who are seeking international experience teaching adult learners. At Wall Street English, teaching English is about making a difference in our students' lives. Our goal is to help people improve their career opportunities to break down the barriers of language and culture.