What Are Digital Badges?
Digital badges are dynamic, 21st-century credentials that tell your whole certification and training story. Because digital badges allow employers to easily see the full picture of your accomplishments, including verifiable skills and achievements, they’re becoming the new standard in training and certification and the future of e-learning.
Bridge is excited to partner with Credly, a leader in digital badging, to bring this innovative new credential to the TEFL / TESOL space! Now Bridge graduates can collect, showcase, and share their accomplishments using digital badges on Credly’s Acclaim platform.
Take Your TEFL / TESOL Certification to the Next Level With Badging
Demonstrate your commitment to lifelong learning.
- When you complete any Bridge TEFL / TESOL certification course, micro-credential, or other form of professional development, you’ll add another digital badge to your collection, representing your commitment to continually growing as an English language educator.
Showcase the full scope of your accomplishments.
Your digital badges will have a URL that is unique to you, so employers can click on your badges to take an in-depth look at your achievements. They’ll see detailed, verifiable information about the Bridge TEFL / TESOL courses you completed, including:
- The learning objectives met to earn the badge
- Evidence that you completed those objectives (such as key assignments)
- Your core competencies
- Bridge’s standards and accreditation, including ACCET accreditation, recognized by the US Department of Education.
Share your credentials everywhere employers are looking.
Ready to market yourself as a highly qualified teacher? You can easily add your badges in key locations visible to employers, including:
- Your social media profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Your resume
- Your email signature
Explore Available Bridge Badges
Discover the possibilities of TEFL / TESOL certification and professional development with Bridge! Each badge below represents a Bridge course for which you can earn a digital badge (click any badge to learn more about the course). Collect more badges to grow your credentials!
Professional TEFL / TESOL Certificates
Foundational TEFL / TESOL Certificates
Specialized TEFL / TESOL Certificates
TEFL / TESOL Micro-credentials | Methodology & Core Teaching Skills
Micro-credentials Teaching Test / Exam Prep
TEFL / TESOL Micro-credentials in Teaching English Online
Micro-credentials in 21st-Century Teaching Skills
Have questions about teaching English as a foreign language or about Bridge?
Sign up for a Free TEFL/TESOL Info Session!Register for a Session
FAQs About Digital Badges
Digital badges are dynamic, visual representations of the credentials you’ve earned. Each of the digital badges you see on this page represents a Bridge TEFL / TESOL certification course, micro-credential, or other form of professional development that we offer.
Because they’re digital, these badges can provide a detailed picture of your training and accomplishments with just a click, offering more information than a traditional credential, such as a certificate.
Your TEFL / TESOL certificate provides a basic summary of your accomplishments and will show employers the total hours of certification you’ve completed and a list of the different courses you’ve taken. The certificate may also include the course transcripts.
Digital badges, however, provide a deeper, more detailed description of each of your individual trainings and accomplishments, including:
- • The learning objectives you had to meet to earn the badge
- • Evidence that you completed those objectives (such as key assignments)
- • Your core competencies
- • Bridge’s standards and accreditation, including ACCET accreditation, recognized by the US Department of Education
You don’t need to do anything special to earn a digital badge through Bridge– you’ll be able to access a unique badge for every Bridge course you take! We’ll provide you with the instructions to access and start sharing your badge when you complete your course.
Digital badges allow employers to get a more detailed look at your accomplishments. With a simple click on the unique URL for any of your digital badges, an employer can get a deeper look at what was involved in the Bridge TEFL / TESOL courses you completed.
You can collect digital badges, or “stack” them, to highlight your commitment to ongoing professional development.
You can share your digital badges in a variety of places, to make your accomplishments more visible to employers when you’re job seeking.
You can easily display and share your digital badges to employers in a variety of key places, such as your:
- Social media profiles, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Email signature
- Teacher portfolio on the Bridge Job Board
This is the 3-step process to access your digital badges:
1. When you complete your Bridge course, you’ll receive an email with a notification to claim your badge. If it’s your first badge, you’ll be able to create your account in the Acclaim platform via a link in the email.
2. Within your Acclaim account, you’ll see the option to accept your badge. You’ll be able to update the settings to choose whether to make your badge public.
3. Once you accept your badge, you can explore options to share your badge, including adding on social media, embedding in email, and more!
No. Just like your Bridge TEFL / TESOL certification, digital badges never expire! The badges you earn will remain accessible to you indefinitely and you can always continue stacking badges as you complete additional professional development with Bridge.