What are CEUs?
Continuing Education Unit (CEUs) are nationally recognized, standard units of measurement for participation in non-credit, continuing education programs. Often CEUs are required in order to maintain professional memberships, certification, or licensing; professional teachers often need to earn CEUs, for example.
Bridge Courses Eligible for CEUs
Bridge is accredited by ACCET (the Accrediting Council for Continued Education and Training), and our programs have been evaluated in accordance with ACCET’s standards, policies, and procedures. Any ACCET-accredited Bridge TEFL/TESOL course can be taken for CEUs, including our Denver classroom TEFL course, the IDELT, as well as our online TEFL/TESOL courses. The formula for calculating CEUs is that you earn 1 CEU for every 10 hours of course instruction.
The following is the breakdown of CEUs for all eligible Bridge TEFL/TESOL courses.
- 40-hour Basic TEFL/TESOL Certificate: 4 CEUs
- 60-hour Educator TEFL/TESOL Certificate: 6 CEUs
- 100-hour EducatorPlus TEFL/TESOL Certificate: 10 CEUs
- 120-hour Master TEFL/TESOL Certificate: 12 CEUs
- 150-hour Bridge IDELTOnline™ TEFL/TESOL Diploma: 15 CEUs
- 20-hour TEFL Certificate: Guided Teaching Practicum: 2 CEUs
- 60-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching English to Young Learners: 6 CEUs
- 60-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching English to Teenagers: 6 CEUs
- 40-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching English Grammar: 4 CEUs
- 40-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching Business English: 4 CEUs
- 40-hour TEFL Certificate: Designing Custom Courses: 4 CEUs
- 60-hour TEFL Certificate: Foundations in Teaching English Online: 6 CEUs
- 60-hour TEFL Certificate: Advanced Methods in Teaching English Online: 6 CEUs
- 30-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching English Online as a Freelancer: 3 CEUs
- 60-hour TEFL Certificate: Teaching English in English: 6 CEUs
- 140-hour Bridge IDELT – Denver: 14 CEUs
As an ACCET accredited institution, Bridge ensures that courses offered for CEUs demonstrate the following:
1All courses/programs for which CEUs are offered appear on the list of continuing education offerings approved by ACCET.
2The training is designed to meet the continuing education needs of the target students.
3Learning objectives are identified with specific performance expectations identified.
4Qualified instructional personnel direct the training/activity.
5Evaluation procedures are established and implemented to determine participant satisfaction and the effectiveness of the continuing education offering.
How to Earn CEUs for Your Bridge TEFL/TESOL Course
We make earning CEUs for your Bridge TEFL/TESOL course easy! Upon successful completion of your course (you must earn a final grade of 70% or higher to pass) you will receive your certificate from Bridge, on which the CEUs will be indicated.
Have questions about teaching English as a foreign language or about Bridge?
Sign up for a Free TEFL/TESOL Info Session!
Register for a Session