We are looking for enthusiastic teachers to motivate and prepare our students to achieve their goals by developing effective English communication skills. Lift and inspire others by planning and delivering high-quality, creative, and engaging lessons for diverse groups learning English as a Second Language (ESL). Training provided.
About UCEDA Institute:
UCEDA Institute began in 1988 with a simple idea to empower students through mastery of the English language. Today we've evolved into a chain of schools with many locations and branches in popular areas throughout the United States. For millions of individuals throughout the world, English continues to serve as a bridge to greater possibilities and success. We are proud to continue guiding ambitious students towards their goals, and we invite you to join us.
UCEDA Institute has an immediate Part-Time opportunity for an Adult ESL Instructor in different cities across NJ.
Tentative schedule: Monday through Thursday morning and/or evening schedules available as well as Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.
-Prepare lesson plans and deliver quality classroom instruction by following the standard UCEDA class format and using UCEDA materials.
– Apply a developmental approach to learning, coaching students according to their individual development needs, and encouraging self-expression leading to a successful student experience.
– Play an active role in helping students persist toward their goals by closely monitoring students' attendance and performance, addressing issues appropriately, and following proper procedures in tutoring, homework, etc.
– Report students' academic progress periodically to ensure they are mastering the skills on a regular basis.
– Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games etc.) to motivate and stimulate students.
– Cooperate with the School Manager and other administrative staff.
– Attend training sessions and seminars provided by UCEDA leadership.
– Set a positive example of compliance with school policies.
– Bachelor's Degree required.
– Experience learning a second language.
– Experience applying a structured approach to teaching, training, coaching, and/or motivating others to achieve their goals.
– High level of common-sense: Able to connect with others, identify and respond to behavioral trends, adapt quickly to circumstances, and interpret non-verbal communication cues.
– Strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with people of many cultures, showing an appropriate level of respect and cultural sensitivity.
– Motivated, creative, organized, patient, flexible, enthusiastic about others' success.
– Strong understanding of grammar, excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
– CELTA, TEFL, TESL, or other formal training in ESL teaching strongly preferred.
Don't miss this opportunity to start or continue your career in the Education industry. UCEDA thrives on promoting within and offers constant training and professional development with growing responsibilities. Not only will you be growing professionally and as an individual, you will also be providing many students with an opportunity to improve their lives tremendously through the education they receive.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
– Temperature screenings prior to entry
– Face coverings required
– Physical distancing practices in place
– Increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation